02 July 2010

Ugg Muggs

:UPDATE: Sorry, gang!  I had to "draw" (insert laugh here) the line somewhere... I'm up to 500 Ugg Muggs I gotta knock out.  Once that's done and I've regained my sanity, then we'll pick it up again.  I can't thank you all enough for your emails, and killing my yahoo account. hahahaha  My apologies if I can't respond back to ya if I received them.  If you emailed it, then I most likely got it.




Just a FYI and a lil backstory....
I suck at caricatures, but it's always fun to do. 
I used to do caricatures at Sea World down in San Diego in 2000. I was only there for a month. The kids were too brutally honest. HAHAHAHA Here's the one that got me running out the door... "That doesn't look like my sister.... that looks like a boy!" DOH! HAHAHAHAHAHA I never went back. Props to caricature artists. Very hard to draw likenesses on the spot in 7 minutes.

hope y'all digs!









13 comments:

Oskar Iglesias said...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I can´t believe you suck at caricatures.
Me gusta tu estilo.

Lesley Vamos said...

These look so fantastic Sean - I recognised Sean straight away! ^_^

Shaun Patterson said...

Sounds good....email sent!

Unknown said...

lolz, pretty much doubt it though that you suck, man.

but if you're really looking into caricatures why not take Jason Seiler's Imaginism class? that guy is awesome.

Oscar Martín said...

Es muy bueno! :-)

Unknown said...

Always love your work and it's awesome to see how much you have progressed since you started.

Wayne B. Medina said...

ha very clever way to practice mang! the caricatures are looking dope sean

Romulo said...

Dude these are awesome! I agree with Oskar Iglesias, you don't suck at caricatures!

Sean Galloway said...

hahaha thank you, gang!

Craig Phillips said...

I agree, likenesses are so hard. Im hopeless at them unless I spend hours at it.

These are great! Very fun. Great designs!

Vee (Scratch) said...

Cool stuff. I recognize Dave Johnson really quickly.

Humza Khan said...

well can't really judge likeness since we can't see the original people, but these are pretty fun to look at!

www.humzakhan.com
www.humzakhan.blogspot.com

dinks said...

hahaha - nice style...

Caricatures are rough - especially when most people don't understand that drawing is a process. Most people don't understand that a caricature is more than just a cartoon portrait...

You should have stuck it out- you would have developed leathery thick skin like an alligator- cause you got the skills :)