19 August 2010

Monkey King!

Here's a pin-up I did for a magazine called "72".  The issue I drew it for was for their Monkey King tribute.  It hasn't come out yet,  but I believe it will within the next couple of months.



Also I figured you might be interested to see that I drew them separate. For some reason I LOVE drawing the whole body as it's own entity. I rough it all out together, and then I clean each element separate... I like to show the paper who's it's daddy. hahaha

A couple of peeps asked for a larger images, so I hope this version is big enough for your monitors.

Hope ya'll digs!

14 comments:

Nathanael Lark said...

Outstanding! Full of action and life. I love the white trees in the foreground breaking the border. Well done, man!

Unknown said...

Very cool. I love the graphic way you handled the environment.

Lady Garland said...

I love this! Always a fan of the monkey king! XD

Paige Connelly said...

I'm a huge monkey king fan and this is some of the best monkey King work I've seen. Great job Cheeks

Hugo said...

Amazing work, great designs and colors. From Argentina, Buenos Aires, have a nice day!

SKETCHYFORMS said...

Hey Cheek, Looks great, This is the second time I heard of the Monkey King. An artist I know was or is working on some of the concept work for the movie. Cool!

Justin Rodrigues said...

I digs as always man! hope you are doing great!

Sean Galloway said...

thank you so much, everyone! you all are very kind.

Hey, Justin! All's well, and I am stoked you dug my new book, thank you for picking it up!!

Wayne B. Medina said...

whaddup Sean! This is lookin dope man. glad you did a rendition of these characters.

anyhwoo, thanks for invading my blogz home skillet! that was a pleasant surprise jerk'ola ha!

keep on keepin it on Sean!

Amanda Li said...

OMG so great! love your colors. keep it up!

Osc@r Orozco said...

SEAN! I love this piece man specially the little piggy.

Nico said...

That's great as always....

Denny said...

Very nice job!

Ilusionario.com.ar said...

awesome work!